Constitution and Rules
The Constitution is a registered document which sets out the objects of the Club and gives the General Committee the guidance to run the Club for the benefit of our members. The Constitution can only be changed by a three-fourths (75%) majority vote of members at a Special General Meeting or an Annual General Meeting.
MAAC Constitution (PDF)
The Club Manager runs the day to day affairs of the Club and answers to the General Committee, which consists of a President, Treasurer, Captain, Vice President, Immediate Past President and 6 Committee members.
There are a number of Sub Committees including Finance & Administration, House, Entertainment, Angling & Sports (fishing), Pool, Darts and Juniors.
The Club has established a comprehensive set of "House Rules" for the benefit of all members. Please take the time to read these rules as they relate to dress code, behaviour and much more.
House Rules (PDF)
1. Each member is permitted to introduce five visitors at any one time to the Southern bar, the Fisherman’s bar, the Sea Wall Bar and the Members lounge.
The Function Room and Restaurant Area, when used for dining, are not subject to this rule.
2. Guests are not permitted to remain on the premises after the host Member has departed.
3. Guests are not permitted to buy take-away liquor at any time.
4. Each member shall be responsible for the dress and behaviour of their guests.
The MAAC is a smoke free club. Smoking is permitted on certain areas of the external balcony. Patrons must use the ash trays provided in order to preserve the beach below.
Children at the club
Children are allowed into the Lounge, Restaurant and Function areas at all times, but the Southern Bar, Sea Wall Bar and Fisherman's Bar is out of bounds. Children, including babies, cannot go into the bar areas with or without their parents.
For the comfort and safety of both the children and other patrons children must be supervised and seated with their parents at all times.
1. All vehicles must be parked within the marked bays.
2. Restricted Parking – Members and guests shall not park in the Club Manager's bay during office and Club trading hours.
3. No parking is permitted in the area adjacent to the entry and exit to the boat launching ramp.
4. No parking is permitted, other than for vehicles with boat trailers, in the area set aside in the Northern car park on days in which a fishing competition is in progress.
The areas surrounding the club are closely monitored by the City of Joondalup. Please obey all parking signs and regulations in order to avoid an infringement and to help all at the MAAC to retain cordial relationships with our neighbours.